Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 10, 2018

My Reading & Writing Habit

It is yet for me to develop a good reading and writing habit. This means I am neither a regular reader nor a regular writer, but I endeavor to be one. Let me share about my Reading & Writing Habit.
During my primary classes, I loved reading Lady Bird Books, Moral Stories and Twinkle Comics. Later I choose Goosebumps series and Famous Five. When I was in eighth standard I remember my Liberian (Changzamtog LSS, 2003) keeping my Ramayan series ready for me. When I reached my high school (Yangchenphug HSS), I was crazy to learn more on Mahathma Gandhi. So, I was hunting for Gandhi’s Biography and his works. I was inspired by Gandhi after watching his documentary in one of my lower secondary teacher’s house (Mrs. Dechen Dolkar). Reading about Gandhi when I was in standard IX really helped me for standard X History, as it was a part of curriculum in Indian History. After I read the book “Who will cry when you die- by Robin S Sharma”, I interest in reading diverted towards self-help books.
However, after I reached standard XI, we had no library class, though we were issued card and had access to library. Since taking library was not compulsory for us, I hardly took any. After which I lost the reading habit. After standard XII, I have hardly read any books. If I am asked to list them, I can count them in my fingers because they are very few. Since, 2016 I have been trying to redevelop my reading habit and hence I could even read novels which I never liked to read before; because of its lengthy story. Now on I will be reading the books as well write the short review on them.
To talk about my writing habit, it was only for school and collage works that I had written till my graduation. Even after my graduation my writing habit is almost to NIL. I created my blogger account in 2011 but I rarely have write-ups to be posted in my blog. There are few occasions when my heart urges me to write.
However, as I have opted to make reading and writing my habits of life, I am starting my writings with this piece. Henceforth, I will also be writing book reviews of all the books I read.

Good Luck to myself to be a regular reader and a writer.

Sengdhyen

No comments:

Post a Comment