Total Pageviews

Friday, March 16, 2018

The Alchemist –By Paulo Coelho (Book review)


The Alchemist –By Paulo Coelho” was the first novel I had ever read back in 2007. Novel was never a choice of book for me but when I saw this book lying on my friend’s desk, I picked it and went reading it throughout. I remember reading it as if I had to appear the exam about this book, the next day.
Now, it has already past more than a decade. When I saw this book in the school library a few days ago, I had a flashback memory of then. I could not remember the story inside rather I was more curious, what it was that made me read this book in one go. I choose to read again.

The Alchemist is a story of a boy who wanted to travel around the world; hence he leaves his house and becomes a shepherd so that he can travel. The boy sees a recurrent dream of a child talking about finding a treasure near the Egyptian pyramids. His dream leads him to meet a Gypsy woman (dream interpreter) and an old king who suggests him to follow his dream.
The boy sells his flock and proceeds to Africa. He encounters a thief who steals all his money and flees. The boy works for a crystal merchant for almost a year and make some money. Believing in the omen he opts to move towards his treasure than to return back. In the desert, in the oasis he finds his love Fatima and his ability to interpret the omen makes earns him lots of gold. During his journey towards the Egyptian pyramids through the desert, he had to risk his life. However, he learns many lessons too.
Finally, after crossing the deadly desert and taking much risk, when he reaches the pyramid to get his treasure he is surprised to know where his treasure actually was. To know it, you should read the book as I did.

Had the boy given up on his dream, he wouldn’t get his treasure. Had I given up, I wouldn’t have known the full story. Now, if you want to know, do not give up. Just get the book and start reading. It is worth reading.



Sengdhyen

No comments:

Post a Comment